Please check back often to stay up-to-date with our current Newsletter and what's happening to support crime awareness in the Cochrane, Foothills, West Airdrie areas of south-central Alberta.
- SAVE THE DATE - CFPA AGM NOVEMBER 10 @ 7 PM - ZOOM MEETING - CFPA's Annual General meeting for 2021 will be held the evening of November 10th at 7PM.
- We will have a presentation from our Law Enforcement Partners, along with an update on activities and elections for the Board of Directors for the next term. If you are interested in letting your name stand for the Board, know of someone that would be interested, or have questions, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have room for a few Directors and need representation from all areas of our jurisdiction.
As a reminder, our Jurisdiction is the Cochrane RCMP Detachment and the portion of the Airdrie RCMP Detachment that is east of the QEII Highway up to the Cochrane Detachment area.
We will be holding this meeting via ZOOM so please reply to email@example.com should you wish to attend. We will send the meeting invitation and agenda, with the ZOOM log on information closer to the date.
Looking forward to connecting with you and hearing what has been going on in your areas.
- FRAUD ALERT - Institutions such as banks, government agencies, the police or credit card companies have a lot of authority. Fraudsters take advantage of that influence to get you to send them money or give out your personal information. Reports of impersonation scams have almost doubled in the last year and are sure to continue to grow. Learn more about scams by clicking our That's Not the Bank or the Government on the Other End of the Line article.
- DONATION FRAUD ALERT - The summer is a busy time for charities, especially those that help in the aftermath of wildfires and floods. Unfortunately, with the combination of the pandemic, wildfires and flooding, it is the perfect storm for fraudsters to take advantage of those looking to donate. Tips to Avoid Donation Fraud
- RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS MONITORING - The RCMP is requesting vigilance regarding potential vandalism of Alberta Residential Schools. Message to COP Volunteers | Map of Residential Schools in Canada
- BE "BEAR SMART" - Here is a recent Cochrane article regarding bear safety concerns - keep aware and stay safe! Cochrane Now article.
- NOTICE FROM FISH & WILDLIFE - Fish and Wildlife have opened up the back 40 site in Waiparous. For future reference, Fish and Wildlife reports can be found on the Mountain View Bear Smart.
- Alberta RCMP provide crime prevention tips to protect properties this spring
- RAPID Response program initiated - On April 1, 140 Fish and Wildlife Officers across Alberta become part of a new initiative to combat rural crime and protect Albertans: RAPID Response.
Under RAPID Response, Alberta's Fish and Wildlife officers are now available to help the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Alberta answer emergency and high-priority calls when requested. This means Fish and Wildlife officers are now able to respond to requests from the RCMP to be first at the scene of an emergency in cases where they are closer than the police. Fish and Wildlife officers will also respond to RCMP requests for backup, which could involve helping the police locate suspects or preserve a crime scene.
RAPID Response is a new function for Fish and Wildlife officers - it's not a new organization. The core mandate of Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Services remains conservation law enforcement. On most days, Fish and Wildlife officers will spend their time solely on their regular duties.
RAPID Response currently covers most areas of rural Alberta policed by the RCMP. The provincial government is also holding a series of meetings with First Nations and Métis leaders to determine their interest and earn their support before expanding RAPID Response to their communities.
- 2021 Membership renewal is now due - Membership is $20/year and payment may be made directly to our autodeposit account at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by cheque in the mail. Please fill in and submit the Membership Renewal form is available here to email@example.com.
- Trace™ Pen/Signage Project - Trace™ Pens and basic RCW Member signage is now available to current CFPA Members for free! See details on the Member's Only page. Thanks again to Rocky View County for their funding support for this project.
- Check out the RCMP Crime Map on our Resources page to monitor reported crimes in our CFPA jurisdiction. The map is maintained by the RCMP and shows crime activity over the last month or so.
- Alberta Pedestrian Safety - The RCMP have posted the following message highlighting the importance of pedestrian safety. Please take a moment to read.
- Alberta RCMP launches online crime reporting across the province - a new online crime reporting initiative has been launched that allows Albertans to report select property crimes on-line. The direct link to report a crime online can be found here. We have also added a new "button" above on this web page to provide a direct link to the app on an ongoing basis. Please take the opportunity to check it out. The RCMP's announcement of this online reporting tool including the criteria for reporting is available at this link.
- Cst. Gelinas, our new Rural Crime Watch liaison officer, reminds that vehicle thefts and house break-ins are on the rise in our area. His suggestions to AVOID BEING AN EASY TARGET!
- When leaving your vehicle in your driveway or on the street ensure to lock all the doors - if thieves can't get in your vehicle they can't steal it.
- Don't leave keys or garage door openers in the vehicle - or hanging where they can be easily accessed in the garage or by the back door. These are common areas for thieves to look to gain easy access to your vehicles or home.
- You too can make a difference in preventing rural crime!
- Members Only Page - Click on our new Members's Only & Reporter link to access our new Member's Only materials and Reporter. You will be directed to a log-in portal which, upon entry of your current ID and Password, will open both the "Member Only" materials and the "Reporter" tool.
Mountain View Bear Smart
Airdrie | Cochrane