Please check back often to stay up-to-date with our current Newsletter and what's happening to support crime awareness in the Cochrane, Foothills, West Airdrie areas of south-central Alberta.
- Alberta RCMP Tips during Fraud Prevention Month - March is the Alberta Community Crime Prevention Association's (ACCPA) Fraud Prevention Month. Please click here for some of Alberta RCMP's tips on how to spot a scam.
- New CFPA By-Laws and Objectives in effect Jan 4, 2021 - see Member's Only page for new documents.
- Cochrane RCMP requesting assistance in locating the owners of recovered items - Mclean Creek, Alta. - On Sep. 19, 2020, Cochrane RCMP responded to a break & enter call at a Husky Oil site in Mclean Creek. Numerous power tools were recovered which are believed to have been stolen. The rightful owners have not yet been identified. Anyone with information regarding this property are asked to contact Cochrane RCMP at 403-851-8000. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the "P3 Tips" app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store. Photos Here
- It is with great sadness to advise that Gayle Watson, our long time Board member, recently passed away. Gayle has been our key contact with our membership for decades and will be greatly missed by all.
- Cochrane RCMP requesting assistance in reuniting recovered items with their rightful owners. - On October 21, 2020, while conducting targeted patrols, the Cochrane RCMP recovered two sets of tires with rims. The items recovered were a set of four Nitto Dune Grappler Desert Terrain tires with rims and a set of four Menezia Crusade HP tires with rims. The tires are believed to be stolen and the rightful owners have not yet been identified. Anyone with information regarding this property are asked to contact Cochrane RCMP at 403-851-8000. Photos Here
- Annual General Meeting Highlights - The AGM was successfully held on November 21, 2020 via Zoom Webinar. The Special Resolutions to amend our ByLaws and Objectives were unanimously supported by attendees. The amended documents are posted on our Member's Only page under the heading "Bylaws and Objectives", and will come into effect once formally registered with Alberta Registry.
The following Members were unanimously elected to our Board for the coming year with subsequently assigned roles: Rosemary Lindsay - President; Bob Bleaney - Treasurer; Samanntha Wright - Secretary; Gayle Watson - Membership; and Howard Hawkwood - Vice President.
The appointments of Simone Byers and Paul Clark were confirmed as auditors for the 2020 fiscal year.
Trace™ Pen / Signage Project: - We announced the launch of our Trace™ Pen / Signage project that will make Trace™Pens and basic RCW Member signage available to CFPA Members for free! See details on the Member's Only page. Thanks again to Rocky View County for their funding support for this project.
- High River RCMP seek assistance in identifying suspects - On November 2, 2020, between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m., four separate incidents of thefts from vehicles and garages occurred in southeast area of High River. Photos and Details Here
- Airdrie RCMP raise awareness for Family Violence Prevention month - Posted November 2, 2020 - November is Family Violence Prevention Month in Alberta. Please click here to learn about The City of Airdrie's "Light the Night" event on November 30th.
- Alberta Pedestrian Safety - The RCMP have posted the following message highlighting the importance of pedestrian safety. Please take a moment to read.
- Alberta RCMP launches online crime reporting across the province - a new online crime reporting initiative has been launched that allows Albertans to report select property crimes on-line. The direct link to report a crime online can be found here. We have also added a new "button" above on this web page to provide a direct link to the app on an ongoing basis. Please take the opportunity to check it out. The RCMP's announcement of this online reporting tool including the criteria for reporting is available at this link.
- Cst. Gelinas, our new Rural Crime Watch liaison officer, reminds that vehicle thefts and house break-ins are on the rise in our area. His suggestions to AVOID BEING AN EASY TARGET!
- When leaving your vehicle in your driveway or on the street ensure to lock all the doors - if thieves can't get in your vehicle they can't steal it.
- Don't leave keys or garage door openers in the vehicle - or hanging where they can be easily accessed in the garage or by the back door. These are common areas for thieves to look to gain easy access to your vehicles or home.
- You too can make a difference in preventing rural crime!
- Members Only Page - Click on our new Members's Only & Reporter link to access our new Member's Only materials and Reporter. You will be directed to a log-in portal which, upon entry of your current ID and Password, will open both the "Member Only" materials and the "Reporter" tool.
Airdrie | Cochrane