Please check back often to stay up-to-date with our current Newsletter and what's happening to support crime awareness in the Cochrane, Foothills, West Airdrie areas of south-central Alberta.
- High River RCMP seek assistance in identifying suspects - On November 2, 2020, between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m., four separate incidents of thefts from vehicles and garages occurred in southeast area of High River. Photos and Details Here
- Airdrie RCMP raise awareness for Family Violence Prevention month - Posted November 2, 2020 - November is Family Violence Prevention Month in Alberta. Please click here to learn about The City of Airdrie's "Light the Night" event on November 30th.
- Annual General Meeting/Special Resolution - ZOOM - November 21, 2020 - CFPA's Annual General Meeting and voting on Special Resolutions to amend our ByLaws and Objectives will be held, utilizing a Zoom Meeting platform, on November 21, 2020. Further information will be sent to Members regarding the agenda and ZOOM log in instructions through email in advance of the meeting.
The proposed changes to the Bylaws and Objectives are located on the Member Only Page under the heading "Bylaws and Objectives".
The Agenda for the Nov 1, AGM and the Minutes for last year's AGM are located on the Member Only Page under the heading AGM Agenda/Minutes.
- Didsbury RCMP seeking public assistance in locating stolen vehicle - Earlier today, October 16th, a pick-up truck was stolen from the Olds College. The stolen vehicle is currently believed to be in the Carstairs area. The vehicle, pictured right, is described as:
If the vehicle is located, the public is asked not approach and to call 911 immediately.
- 2005 GMC Sierra
- Silver in colour (may look more tan)
- Alberta Licence BXV2355
- Black push bumper on front
- Square LED headlights
- Tinted out windows
- Last seen with a blue 45-gallon barrel in the back of the truck
- Alberta Pedestrian Safety - The RCMP have posted the following message highlighting the importance of pedestrian safety. Please take a moment to read.
- Alberta RCMP launches online crime reporting across the province - a new online crime reporting initiative has been launched that allows Albertans to report select property crimes on-line. The direct link to report a crime online can be found here. We have also added a new "button" above on this web page to provide a direct link to the app on an ongoing basis. Please take the opportunity to check it out. The RCMP's announcement of this online reporting tool including the criteria for reporting is available at this link.
- Rocky View awards CFPA with Community Benefit Initiatives Grant for 2020/21 - CFPA recently received grant funding for $5000 from Rocky View County for a one-year period in support of providing residents with increased rural crime prevention awareness, the distribution of Trace Pens and Trace reading technology to RCMP detachments and increased Signage availability. Many thanks to Rocky View County for their support!
- Rural Crime Watch Poster Winners! - Congratulations to Jade and Gemma Caddel, winners of this year's Alberta Rural Crime Watch poster contest, shown here with RCMP Constable Clayton Gelinas who kindly delivered awards on behalf of CFPA. The girls each received backpacks, award plaques, and $25 cheques for their prize winning poster entries. Well done!
- Cst. Gelinas, our new Rural Crime Watch liaison officer, reminds that vehicle thefts and house break-ins are on the rise in our area. His suggestions to AVOID BEING AN EASY TARGET!
- When leaving your vehicle in your driveway or on the street ensure to lock all the doors - if thieves can't get in your vehicle they can't steal it.
- Don't leave keys or garage door openers in the vehicle - or hanging where they can be easily accessed in the garage or by the back door. These are common areas for thieves to look to gain easy access to your vehicles or home.
- You too can make a difference in preventing rural crime!
- Members Only Page - Click on our new Members's Only & Reporter link to access our new Member's Only materials and Reporter. You will be directed to a log-in portal which, upon entry of your current ID and Password, will open both the "Member Only" materials and the "Reporter" tool.
Airdrie | Cochrane