Please check back often to stay up-to-date with our current Newsletter and what's happening to support crime awareness in the Cochrane, Foothills, West Airdrie areas of south-central Alberta.
- Cst. Gelinas, our new Rural Crime Watch liaison officer, reminds that vehicle thefts and house break-ins are on the rise in our area. His suggestions to AVOID BEING AN EASY TARGET!
- When leaving your vehicle in your driveway or on the street ensure to lock all the doors - if thieves can't get in your vehicle they can't steal it.
- Don't leave keys or garage door openers in the vehicle - or hanging where they can be easily accessed in the garage or by the back door. These are common areas for thieves to look to gain easy access to your vehicles or home.
- You too can make a difference in preventing rural crime!
- Doug Schweitzer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General for Alberta, has recently issued a press release regarding Alberta's plans to combat rural crime. Posted November 14, 2020
- Rural Crime Watch App has just been released! A new Rural Crime Watch App has just been released by the Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch Association for use on your phone or mobile device. The App shows the RCMP detachment boundary map, spatially identifies which detachment you are in, and provides appropriate phone links to report suspicious or criminal activity. The App also provides crime prevention tips and other agency contact info. The App is available on the Alberta Rural Crime Watch website at the following link: www.ruralcrimewatch.ab.ca. Just click on the "Use the App" button and follow the directions to download the App to your phone or mobile device. Note that you will have to have your location service enabled on your mobile device for your web browser to allow the App to locate the detachment you are in.
- NEW! Members Only Page - Click on our new Members's Only & Reporter link to access our new Member's Only materials and Reporter. You will be directed to a log-in portal which, upon entry of your current ID and Password, will open both the "Member Only" materials and the "Reporter" tool.
Airdrie | Cochrane