Please check back often to stay up-to-date with what's happening to support crime awareness in the Cochrane, Foothills, West Airdrie areas of south-central Alberta.
- Rural Crime Watch App has just been released! A new Rural Crime Watch App has just been released by the Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch Association for use on your phone or mobile device. The App shows the RCMP detachment boundary map, spatially identifies which detachment you are in, and provides appropriate phone links to report suspicious or criminal activity. The App also provides crime prevention tips and other agency contact info. The App is available on the Alberta Rural Crime Watch website at the following link: www.ruralcrimewatch.ab.ca. Just click on the "Use the App" button and follow the directions to download the App to your phone or mobile device. Note that you will have to have your location service enabled on your mobile device for your web browser to allow the App to locate the detachment you are in.
- Click here to read our latest newsletter.
- AIRDRIE RURAL CRIME TOWN HALL SEPTEMBER 20th - MLA Peter Guthrie and MLA Angela Pitt will be hosting The Honourable Doug Schweitzer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General on September 20th from 10:00 to Noon as part of his rural crime tour. An excerpt from MLA Guthrie's office follows:
"On behalf of MLA Guthrie, we would like to invite you to participate in this informal discussion. This is a great opportunity to share your concerns directly with the Minister and provide your feedback on how to improve our rural communities. Our government has initiated comprehensive consultations as we move forward to better understand the needs of our rural communities, and we want to hear from you."
The meeting takes place at the Airdrie Agriculture Centre, 97 East Lake Ramp NE. This is an excellent opportunity to influence our current government's support towards the fight against rural crime. Rural Crime Watch members and public living in rural districts within MLA Peter Guthrie's and MLA Angela Pitt's constituencies are encouraged to attend.
- Membership fees are $20 per household/business per year and can be paid by e-transfer to email@example.com or by cheque via mail. New applicants can complete and submit our Application Form on our Membership page.
- We have transitioned our email addresses to be directly tied to our new website server, so going forward our general contact will be through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have Member signs available. "No Trespassing" and "RCW Member" signs are available in plastic or reflective aluminum. Sign information here
In the News
Canada Police Report - Ghost Lake
Canada Police Report - Cochrane
Cochrane RCMP have a busy start to the New Year
Springbank Park for All Seasons October 2018 Newsletter - See Page 16
Park Patter, Observe, Record & Report
Rural Crime Prevention Through RCW
CFPA 2018 Newsletter
Cochrane Now, May 25, 2018 - A Look Inside the Southern Alberta Crime Reduction Unit
Rocky View Weekly, March 28, 2017 - Rural crime watch connects neighbours to deter crime