Please check back often to stay up-to-date with our current Newsletter and what's happening to support crime awareness in the Cochrane, Foothills, West Airdrie areas of south-central Alberta.
- COCHRANE RCMP CRIME REDUCTION UNIT MAKES SIGNIFICANT SEIZURE AND CHARGE MALE AFTER RASH OF BREAK AND ENTERS - Cochrane Crime Reduction Unit (CRU), along with assistance from Southern Alberta District Crime Reduction Unit (SAD CRU), investigated a series of high end break and enters, which occurred in Rocky View County, Alta. and Foothills County, Alta., over a 3-month period. In the course of the investigations, a suspect was identified. On Nov 16, 2022, Cochrane CRU, with the assistance of CPS and SAD CRU, executed a search warrant at a Calgary residence. Click here for the rest of the story.
- NAVIGATING ONLINE DATING AND PREVENTING ROMANCE SCAMS - As more and more relationships start online, so do fake ones. Scammers are taking advantage of individuals' loneliness to access their information and funds. Romance scams have been increasing steadily over the last few years. In 2020, the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre received 1,546 reports of romance scams with $28,989,750 in losses. The following year saw an over 20% increase in romance scam reports. Learn More Here
- FREE MEMBERSHIPS FOR 2022 - Cochrane Foothills Protection Association (CFPA) is pleased to provide FREE memberships for 2022. We are keen to expand our membership to increase awareness and protection of our community. So, if you or someone you know has been looking for ways to increase your safety, security, awareness and knowledge, would like to get involved or simply meet some like-minded people, please complete the 2022 membership application form.
- ALBERTA RCMP APP - The Alberta RCMP have recently created a phone app that is available as a free download from your App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android). The app contains current information on RCMP reports, rural and municipal crime statistics for Alberta detachments including Cochrane and Airdrie, Alberta crime map, Project Lock-up, Detachment contact info, Report a Crime tool, and Crime Stopper links. This is a very handy app for monitoring rural crime activity and RCMP reporting.
- RAPID Response program initiated - On April 1, 2021, 140 Fish and Wildlife Officers across Alberta become part of a new initiative to combat rural crime and protect Albertans: RAPID Response.
Under RAPID Response, Alberta's Fish and Wildlife officers are now available to help the Alberta RCMP answer emergency and high-priority calls when requested. This means Fish and Wildlife officers are now able to be first at the scene of an emergency in cases where they are closer than the police. Fish and Wildlife officers will also respond to RCMP requests for backup, which could involve helping the police locate suspects or preserve a crime scene.
RAPID Response is a new function for Fish and Wildlife officers - it's not a new organization. The core mandate of Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Services remains conservation law enforcement. On most days, Fish and Wildlife officers will spend their time solely on their regular duties.
- Alberta RCMP launches online crime reporting across the province - a new online crime reporting initiative has been launched that allows Albertans to report select property crimes on-line. The direct link to report a crime online can be found here. We have also added a new "button" above on this web page to provide a direct link to the app on an ongoing basis. Please take the opportunity to check it out. The RCMP's announcement of this online reporting tool including the criteria for reporting is available at this link.
- Members Only Page - Click on our new Members's Only & Reporter link to access our new Member's Only materials and Reporter. You will be directed to a log-in portal which, upon entry of your current ID and Password, will open both the "Member Only" materials and the "Reporter" tool.
Airdrie | Cochrane